Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Home Responsibilities

I take my call to "train up your children" very strongly - whether it be in their faith, actions or even home responsibilities.

Before the summer began, I made it my goal to get a Home Responsibilities Plan implemented and routine before the school year started back up.

Once summer began, sickness invaded. While I could have started anyway, I decided to let Dylan just heal and get better. He was really, really sick.

Now that everyone seems to be on the mend (and summer's almost over... oy!), it's time to get down to business. Here lies the next problem....

Where do I start? Where is the line between "my way to get it done right" and teaching them to do it correctly to the best of their abilities? Where does the patience come from when I just want to get it done and it takes 45 minutes to do a 10 minute task?

How do you implement chore systems or home responsibilities? Do you start them young?

I'll leave you with a picture collage of my youngest. He is, by far, the one that wants to help me clean. :) (Oh and he dressed himself that day. Haha!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment