Ads 468x60px

Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Adjusting Our Eating


I was talking to a girlfriend on the phone yesterday. We were talking about all the crazy sickness that has been going on around the Davis' house.

It seems like all the sickness has increased when I stopped putting so much effort and thought into nourishing eating.

Here's the thing. I stopped worrying about nourishment and began worrying about getting our bellies full. Just getting dinner on the table.

Looking back, it links back to when we went back to store bought milk and not good, hormone free meats. We had sickness but not near what we have had now. Dylan's asthma was less persistent, I became pregnant without assistance and colds/flu didn't seem to be so frequent.

With all these thoughts of bringing my family back to the table and bringing nourishing foods back to our stomachs, my mind has been reeling with where to begin again. What I think are the most important things to implement back in our diet are...

Here is the list I have come up with:
  • milk from Farmer Haney
  • good hormone free meats from Landes
  • raw cheese
  • fermented dairy
  • raw sugars
It's going to take a while to get all these healthy steps into place but I feel better just thinking about these changes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment