Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blueberry Cobbler

Hello. My name is Jodi and I want to be a baker.

I want to be a baker really bad. I am a cook but not a baker.

When I bake, things happen. My kitchen turns into a mad scientist laboratory where green things are exploding and there is crazy bubbling. A lot of bubbling. All the while, I am standing there with this dumbfounded look on my face and wondering what happened.

I have these grand notions of making my house smell of breads and my family slicing it and putting butter on it. They will be gazing at me with love because I shared my love for them through making bread...

Yeah I'm a baking romanticist.

So I am here to share my latest romantic baking recipe. Are you excited? I'm quite the romantic, just ask Andy. :)



Blueberry Cobbler (Doesn't that just sound like scrumptious summer right there?)

1 1/4 cup of unbleached white flour
1/2 cup of honey or succanat
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup butter - melted/softened
2 cups blueberries - fresh, frozen and thawed, canned (I used home canned)
1 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add flour, sea salt and baking powder; blend. After well blended, add honey or succant, milk and melted/softened butter. Spread in a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Evenly spread blueberries over mixture. In mixing bowl, combine quick oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Evenly sprinkle over blueberries. Bake in heated oven for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with or without ice cream. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment