Ads 468x60px

Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

December's Menu Plan

Menu planning is the first step in maintaining a routine for eating at home around the table.

I have tried MANY ways to menu plan and the one that works the best for our family is make a plan for the month. A month is twenty means for us. Every week we have a meal of leftovers and a pizza night.

I then just come up with twenty meals. I do not assign days to a meal. I just have the menu plan and ingredients ready. That way if I go to my menu plan and see fried chicken and I'm not hungry for that, I can just skip it. I also do not assign side dishes or vegetables. I just have the main dish and then add sides as we want. One of the many benefits of putting up vegetable in the summer. The are right at your finger tips as you want them. :)

Here are our twenty meals for December -

  1. Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
  2. Salmon Patties
  3. Meatloaf
  4. Oven Fried Chicken
  5. Chile Colorado Burritos
  6. Ham and Cheese Sliders
  7. Beef with Broccoli
  8. Mexican Chicken Casserole
  9. Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
  10. Sweet and Sour Meatball
  11. Baked Ziti
  12. Ground beef, Black bean and Cheese Taquitos
  13. Ground Beef Stroganoff
  14. Classic Patty Melts
  15. Chicken Pot Pie
  16. Chicken and Dumplings
  17. Tacos
  18. Soup and Sandwich
  19. Bourbon Chix
  20. Appetizer night for New Years! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment