Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Getting Back in the Swing of Things

What is the quote.... ?? "When we plan, God laughs." ? Maybe? Is that it? I constantly feel like that is my life quote.

Over the passed couple of years, I have planned to eat at home constantly. To bring the joy of the table back to my family.

It hit me last Friday. Do you know what last Thursday was? It was Maundy Thursday. The Last Supper. The last time that Jesus met with His disciples. It was the last time they would be together as a group. What did Jesus do? Did He meet them at the movies? Did He meet them at Applebee's or the closest pub? No, they met together at a table and shared a meal. They met at the table.

How amazing the table must be! So once again, here am I. Ready to begin another journey into bringing healthy foods and joy to the table at my home.

With the spring planting season coming, we are quickly trying to go through our surplus of food in the pantry and freezer. I detest how many foods are going to waste at my home.

This morning, I pulled out all the foods in the pantry and put them on the counter. Booting up the computer and pulling out the cook books, I went to work trying to find recipes to use up all those ingredients. I have found that when I just make a list of meals and work from that, I am more likely to stick to a menu plan. I then labeled all the pantry ingredients by the number on my menu plan and put them all together in the pantry.



  1. Spinach Lasagna Rolls
  2. Upside Down Pizza
  3. Round Steak with Gravy
  4. Tacos; Refried Beans
  5. Salmon Patties
  6. Sour Cream Noodle Bake
  7. Buffalo Chicken Dip
  8. Tex Mex Dip
  9. Grilled Cheese with Chicken Noodle Soup
  10. Grilled Cheese with Chicken Noodle Soup
  11. Black Bean Burgers
  12. Easy Chicken Bake
  13. Chicken Sandwiches
  14. Cheesy Enchilada Bake
  15. CP Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
  16. Chicken Dumpling Casserole
  17. Chicken and Biscuits
  18. Chicken Enchiladas
  19. Chicken Pot Pie
  20. Lasagna
  21. Ranch Chicken Pasta
  22. Speedy Chicken Quesadillas
  23. Beef and Broccoli 
  24. Cheesy Sausage Stromboli
  25. Ultimate Grilled Cheese with Vegetable Soup
  26. Breakfast Casserole
  27. Pancakes and Meat
  28. Sausage Gravy and Biscuits; Home fries
  29. Meatballs
  30. Chicken Salad
  31. Chili Dogs
  32. Chili Spaghetti
So April's menu plan is in full swing! I cannot wait to share some recipes and how the went with my family! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment