Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Down and Dirty

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and 'sinners' were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the 'sinners' and the tax collectors, they asked his disciples: 'Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?' On hearing this, Jesus said to them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick, I have not come to call the righteous but the sinners." - Mark 2:15-17

For a while now, I have known Andy and I and our little family make people uneasy. We often dance to the beat of our own drum and dive in head first. From our quick marriage to our "many" kids to our now homeschooling to now jumping in the arena of adoption. I know we look like a circus and I know a lot of people often wonder what we are thinking. 

Honestly, some days it feels like I should be selling popcorn as others sit and watch our side show. Ha!

Honestly, some days I am extremely hurt. 

And most honestly, days such as today, I am thanking the Lord for a husband who understands me and likes to get messy with me.

You see, Jesus dealt in messy. He came for messy. He died giving his life for messy. 

He was criticized. The Pharisees whispered and often questioned. And he responds "It's not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick, I have not come to call the righteous but the sinners."

News flash. 

We are all sinners and each messy in our own way. Each. One. of. Us

And here is another one ...

WE are called to deal in messy. We are called to jump in and get dirty. Changing lives for Christ.

I think that's where people get uneasy with me. I jump in and get messy. It often hurts. It's often scary but my Jesus tells me to, therefore I do.

I have been part of the messy. I have been part of the lowly that scare people. The drug addicted, party girl. The unwed mother. I have dealt with the "Pharisees" of the church. And that hurts too.

I think that's why I am fine with getting dirty. I know someone has to. I'll be the one to jump in the muck. 

However, I remind you. He didn't call just me. He called us all. He called us all to love and share the Greatest Message of all. 

We are all called. We all have to give an account when we stand before Him. 

Are you willing to get down and dirty for Christ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment